I haven’t blogged in awhile as have been busy with work, life and the Inn, not necessarily in that order. That got me to thinking about our guests and friends and family and how crazy busy their lives get as well. What a unique situation we find ourselves in as Innkeepers, in that we are able to help people to reconnect and unplug….we can only help them if they will let us. I have often said that reconnecting and relaxing are becoming harder and harder to come by these days. Oh sure, we have the internet, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and all manner of ways to keep in touch with those we care about. That one on one, face to face time is what is seemingly lost through our life. I believe that people are looking for that way to reconnect, even if they don’t think that is what is missing. That time to unwind with those we love and care about, and just chat about the things that are happening within our world and our lives. A Bed and Breakfast is a perfect place for just such reconnecting, we offer a calm, quiet place to do just that. Whether it’s sitting on the front porch, laughing and enjoying the evening, or it’s having a friendly game night in the parlor or watching a movie together, it is all time well spent. You also have space to get away by yourself and hang out and rest. All of that, plus snacks and a full gourmet breakfast and what a wonderful time can be had. I also wanted to share with you some musings from an email that I received from a very dear friend. These thoughts are those of 90 year old Regina Brett, these are just some of the 45 lessons that life has taught her, something to learn from those around us for sure.
1. Life is too short, enjoy it!
2. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
3. Don’t compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
4. Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
5. Whatever doesn’t kill you, really does make you stronger.
6. It’s never too late to be happy, but it’s all up to you and no one else.
7. When it comes to going after what you love in life, never take no for an answer.
8. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie, don’t save it for a special occassion, today is special!
9. The best is yet to come.
Believe in Miracles!
I hope you make it a great day!